Read Our Blog
Read how other patients with low vision have been helped by Dr. Armstrong!Click Here!
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.Read More
"This is the first time in 52 years that I can see things across the street. Thank you, you've opened my eyes to the world."
Mack Farmer -Read More
My goal in practicing low vision optometry has always been to provide my patients with the best vision that they are capable of. Before beginning to evaluate your vision I want to know how you use your eyes in your daily life. I want to know what vision you have remaining, what you are now capable of and what visual tasks you would like help with. Then I will customize the vision evaluation so my recommendations and prescriptions will be appropriate for your needs. I take my time, and use my decades of experience to understand your vision needs and abilities. The resulting prescriptions will be specially designed to help you in your environment. I appreciate your confidence in me and I take very seriously my responsibility to do my best to help you.
You may have been told by your eye doctor that nothing can be done to help you. You may be hesitant to schedule an appointment with a doctor dedicated to helping persons with low vision achieve their goals. Having special glasses that will allow you to return to activities that you’ve given up may sound too good to be true.
To help you decide to schedule a low vision evaluation I make the following promises:
1. I will accept you for a low vision evaluation only after I have interviewed you on the telephone and I sincerely believe I can help.
2. If I accept you as a low vision patient it is because, as a result of your answers to my questions, I believe that you will benefit from low vision glasses or other devices.
3. During the first few minutes of the visit I will demonstrate to you that I can help you see better. The remainder of the evaluation will be used to determine the best low vision devices for your needs. The evaluation fee is $275.
4. If, during the first few minutes, I cannot demonstrate that I can help you see better, the evaluation will be terminated and there will be no fee charged.
5. During the evaluation I will show you exactly how various low vision glasses will help you. You will see exactly how they help and what they look like.
6. At the end of the evaluation I will tell you exactly which glasses I am prescribing for you and their cost. You will have the opportunity to choose how much help you want and how much you wish to pay.
7. When you receive your low vision glasses I will again demonstrate that they help you more than your previous glasses. If you do not see an improvement the fees that you paid for the glasses will be refunded. The evaluation fee is non-refundable.
I make these promises based on years of experience helping persons with macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and other eye diseases. Because of this experience I have the skills to identify people who I can help and to prescribe appropriate low vision glasses for their needs. Call me for a free telephone consultation.